Apply To Be An Intern
Sprouts’ Chef-in-Training Program offers young adults that haven’t had it easy the opportunity to change their lives by training them to become chefs. For 4-6 months, they are paid to learn everything they need to know to land a sustainable job in the modern restaurant industry. They train directly alongside a local mentor chef and receive job application coaching from Wells Fargo.
Since 2012, we have had 37 interns enter into our program. Seventy-two percent of graduated chefs-in-training have landed jobs in establishments such as Locanda, 25 Lusk, Whole Foods, and Farley Cafe. Our program is made possible by the donations of community members and local businesses.
- 16-24 years old
- Speak fluent English
- Live in San Francisco Bay Area
- Available to work at least 16 hours/week
- Have access to transportation (personal or public)
- Demonstrate financial need (e.g. eligible for free or reduced-cost school lunch, qualify for SNAP/CalFresh/EBT Benefits)
- No previous experience in the restaurant industry is necessary
- Desire to use skills learned to pursue future path in the culinary field