Apply To Be A CIT Intern
Sprouts Chef-In-Training program offers young adults that haven’t had it easy the opportunity to change their lives by training them to become chefs. For 6 months, they are paid to learn everything they need to know to land a sustainable job in the modern restaurant industry. They train directly alongside a local mentor chef and receive job application coaching from Wells Fargo.
Since 2012, we have had 32 apprentices enter into our program. 72% of graduated Chefs-In-Training interns have landed jobs in establishments such as Locanda, 25 Lusk, Whole Foods, and Farley Cafe. Our program is made possible by the donations of community members and local businesses. Watch our video to learn more!
- 16-24 years old
- Speak fluent English
- Live in San Francisco Bay Area
- Available to work at least 16 hours/week
- Have access to transportation (personal or public)
- Demonstrate financial need (e.g. eligible for free or reduced-cost school lunch, qualify for SNAP/CalFresh/EBT Benefits)
- No previous experience in the restaurant industry is necessary
- Desire to use skills learned to pursue future path in the culinary field
GET IN TOUCH
BAY: (510) 680-3614